Chocolate is the first love of women and children, it is one of the most famous desserts spread in the world for hundreds of years, and July 7 of each year was chosen as a chocolate day because it was first brought to Europe on July 7, 1550.
Chocolate has many benefits for the human body. Eating a small amount of chocolate daily helps to stimulate memory, improve blood flow, regulate blood pressure, reduce blood cholesterol, and protect against aging diseases such as dementia. It is also considered one of the safest candies because it does not contain artificial colors and preservatives that are harmful to health.
In this article, we will show you the different types of chocolate and their benefits for you and your baby.
Different types of chocolate
There are three known types of chocolate:
It is considered the healthiest of the three types, because it contains a small percentage of fats, sugars and milk, and dark chocolate is divided according to the percentage of cocoa in it, and varies between 35% cocoa of chocolate components up to 70%, and may reach 99%, which is the most expensive type Chocolate. Dark chocolate is the most popular for anyone who wants to maintain weight or lose weight.
It differs from dark chocolate because it contains a large proportion of milk, whether it is liquid, condensed or dry milk, and often the percentage of cocoa with a maximum of 20%.
White chocolate is a mixture of cocoa butter, sugar, and milk, and unlike dark chocolate, white chocolate contains trace amounts of the stimulants theopromine and caffeine.
The benefits of chocolate for children
- Chocolate helps increase serotonin, the happiness hormone, which makes children feel happy and optimistic.
- Chocolate contains large percentages of vitamins and minerals that provide the child with physical energy. It also works to activate the mind, as it helps the child to focus and enjoy his daily activities.
- It also improves the performance of the heart and blood vessels and protects it from diseases, as cocoa powder increases levels of good cholesterol in the blood.
- Chocolates can be used as motivating prizes for children. The idea of them winning sweets after succeeding in doing his homework will encourage him and increase his activity.
What is the allowed amount of chocolate for children?
The appropriate amount to eat chocolate is between 56 and 168 grams per week, if it does not exceed 50 grams per day, and the best time to eat it is in the morning to benefit from the calories.
Chocolate benefits for pregnant women
Pregnant women usually have a strong desire to eat chocolate, and the question abounds here if it is healthy for the mother and fetus to eat. Daily.
Some of the benefits of chocolate for the expectant mother:
- Protects against pre-eclampsia: Dark chocolate reduces the risk of pre-eclampsia in the mother because it contains theobromine, which enhances immunity against poisoning, as well as containing antioxidants and inflammation.
- It works to control the level of cholesterol: as dark chocolate works to raise the level of good cholesterol and protect the bad cholesterol from oxidation.
- Protects the pregnant woman from severe mood swings: Chocolate helps reduce the effect of pregnancy depression and causes it to contain the amino acid tryptophan, which is needed to produce the hormone serotonin, the happiness hormone.
What are the benefits of chocolate for a nursing mother?
Chocolate contains flavonoids that improve the health of the fetus, but it is preferable to reduce it during the lactation period, especially dark chocolate because it contains a high percentage of caffeine, which may cause gas, insomnia, and tension for the breastfed child.
Chocolate is undoubtedly a delicious food and has many benefits for all individuals of all ages, but we must eat it in moderation in order to avoid its negative symptoms and various diseases that may be caused by excessive consumption.
To learn more about more useful articles for you and your child, you can visit our blog at the following link