Most beautiful friendships grow from a young age, and these kinds of friends usually are closer to us than our siblings and family members. And on this day, we celebrate the concept of friendship and the value of this amazing relationship.
A healthy Friendship helps to form a healthy social life for children and build their self-confidence and personality. every child begins to discover his skills and abilities through his experiences with his friends, but it may be difficult for some children to integrate with the environment and form some friendships.
In this article, we will explain to you how to help your child make friends?
The importance of friendship and its impact on children’s lives
Some studies indicated that those who have strong friendships in their lives usually are in good health, due to the role of friendship in lowering blood pressure and psychological stress and reduce the risk of depression.
Also, the presence of friendship reduces the feeling of loneliness, as you someone to share your joys and sorrows. Friends are the best support. Their presence in you in life helps reduce stress and pass difficult experiences.
The Traits of a great friend
- always stands by you in times of trouble and defends you in various situations.
- listens well and does not ignore you.
- shares everything with you and does not hide secrets from you.
- It provides you with psychological support and encourages you.
- is happy for your joy and shares your sadness.
How to help your child make friends?
- Talk to your child a lot and try not to ignore him and make sure to let him feel important in order to enhance his self-esteem so he can present these characteristics when dealing with people.
- Involve your child in many different activities that other children his age go to.
- Try to reduce your child’s individual activities if possible so that he does not sit alone for long periods of time, such as video games and using electronic devices.
- Do not force your child to go out and play. Your child may also want some time by himself, and if he spends a lot of time alone in an unhealthy way, you can tempt him to go out and play and connect with others in attractive ways such as buying a new toy to play outside.
How do you react when your child has problems with his friends?
- try to not to get involved personally and give your child an opportunity to solve the problem on his own, and you can help him indirectly as much as giving advice and instructions. Your child must learn to protect himself.
- Train your child to respond firmly when other children start bullying him.
- Always advise your child that violence is the worst solution to dealing with problems with his friends or colleagues.
If one of the children bullies your child, you must explain to him that they are not his enemies to help not to grow a bad blood between them, and explain to him how he can defend himself in a sound manner.
And if the situation develops, you should address the people who are in charge, whether it is a school or party any outside activities, and you can request to talk to the parents of the other party and discuss in a calm manner how to solve the problem. Also, you must Explain to your child what a healthy friendship is, and how to be a good friend to his friends.