All families are waiting for summer from year to year, summer is the season for traveling and enjoying the sun and beaches, and for your time at the resort to be enjoyable, you should take some precautions for a happy and quiet vacation with your children.
Children in the summer need special care from you so that they do not become dehydrated or sunburned. You do not need to be confused about what to take with you in the summer bag, especially if you are a new mother, as you may not have experience with how to take care of your little one in his first summer with you.
In this article, we will explain to you How to take care of my child in vacation? and the things you will need to take with you.
The right time to get in the water
The best time to enjoy the water, whether in the sea or swimming pools, is from 8 to 10 in the morning and from 4 to 6 in the evening because the sun’s rays at this time are beneficial and not harmful to the skin of your children, so we assure you to protect your children from exposure to direct sunlight in the afternoon in order to avoid You hit them with sunstroke or skin burns, especially since your children’s skin is still sensitive and needs more care and care.
Essential products for your children you need in vacation
baby sun hat
Take a special sun hat with you to protect the little one from the sun’s rays, it is necessary to protect his head well, his eyes and his face as well.
If your child is still using diapers, you should take some swimming diapers with you to the beach.
Don’t forget the sunscreen to protect your baby’s skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It is preferable to choose a cream with a sun protection factor of SPF 30 and above, and you can choose creams free of chemicals if your child’s skin is sensitive.
The summer weather and the sun can cause your baby’s skin to dry out. Moisturize your baby’s body, so don’t forget to bring moisturizing creams with you.
Towels and bathrobes
Take the towels and bathrobes with you in the beach bag, so you can dry your son off on the beach so he doesn’t catch a cold.
Take light suitable baby clothes with you, made of cotton, because it absorbs sweat and maintains body temperature, and choose light colors that do not absorb the heat of the sun. You can also check 5 tips for picking summer clothes for your child to know the right clothes for summer.
Don’t forget to bring your own beach toys so your kids can enjoy their time on the sand.
Snacks and juices for the beach
Prepare some light foods for your child, because he will be hungry when your child comes out of the sea. You can take some sliced fruits or sandwiches, and do not forget the water bottles and juices.
Your baby’s basic needs
- Feeding bottles if you have breast-feeding children.
- Formula milk if you are using it instead of breastfeeding.
- Bring regular diapers with you if your child is still using them.
- Baby bowls, cups, and spoons for feeding your baby at the beach.
- Bring a baby bib with you to keep the baby’s clothes clean.
- Don’t forget the shampoo and conditioner to bathe your baby when he comes from the beach.
How do you take care of your baby’s skin in the summer?
Children’s skin is very thin and sensitive, and it must be taken care of in the summer, especially because it is more prone to dryness, infections, and sunburn. You must pay attention to some basics to protect your baby’s skin like
- Use sunscreen half an hour before going to the beaches, and then repeat it every two hours, especially to protect your little one’s skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Reduce the use of wet wipes because they contain unnatural substances, which can cause allergies to the child’s skin with high temperature. Instead, you can rinse your little one’s body with water.
- The Exposure of your child to the sun and high temperatures may cause his skin to become dry, so Always moisturize your child’s body with moisturizing creams.
How to behave when your child has a heat stroke
It is the result of exposure to stress at high temperatures and must be treated
- Wet your child’s hands and feet because heat escapes from the body through the hands and feet.
- Apply water compresses on the child’s head, neck, thighs, and underarms.
- Lighten your baby’s clothes and get rid of unnecessary items.
- Offer your child water and juices to provide his body with fluids that will lower his body temperature.
- In critical cases, you can go to the doctor for a personal consultation.
Do not be afraid of the sun in the summer, as its rays have great benefits for young children, as it works to stimulate the child’s immunity, and for the child to benefit from vitamin D, which works to help the body absorb calcium and phosphate, you just must go out with your child at the appropriate times when the sun’s rays are Not harsh and harmful.
And don’t forget to take care of yourself and your skin during the trip, drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated and apply sunscreen before you go out to the beaches. And most importantly, don’t forget to enjoy your time too.