Parents just can’t wait for their child to make any new gesture from a smile, a laugh or turning of the head, and getting a child to learn how to set is one of the most important steps in healthy growing skills and a sign that your child’s development is proceeding properly.
babies are usually able to sit after the muscles of their neck, shoulders, back and legs develop, not before, and to acquire a skill such as sitting, the child must fall and learn over and over, and as a parent you must know well how to deal with the child at this stage and how to help him grow properly.
So, in this article, we explained to you when can babies begin to sit? And how can you help him with that?
when do babies learn how to set?
There are stages in which your child develops abilities in order to learn to how sit, first he needs to gain the ability to raise his head when placed on his stomach and then roll, then push back and retreat forward, then crawl on the tummy, then the child can crawl on his hands and knees, then push himself back to sit.
But for your child to be able to sit, he first learns to control his spine, his back and neck muscles must be strong to be able to do so.
- At the age of 4 months, you will notice the development of his neck muscles when he starts moving his head back and pinning it up.
- At the age of 6 months, your baby will be somewhat able to sit up but needs your help to be stable.
- At the age of 8 to 9 months, your baby will be able to sit on his own.
How do you help your child learn to sit?
- Train and strengthen his muscles by making him lie on his stomach until he moves his neck by himself to raise his head up.
- Help the development of your child’s muscles by massaging to stimulate blood flow to them and grow properly.
- Put the child on a soft floor and surround him with pillows to provide the necessary support and support and prevent him from falling.
- Try to hold his hands while he sleeps on his back, because he will want to reach you, so he will raise his head and neck and exercise them.
- You can stand him on his feet while holding him, this will help him to strengthen the muscles in his feet.
Disadvantages of letting babies sit early
Some parents begin to rush when they notice the development of their child’s movements and his ability to support himself and his head well, which may prompt them to rush to put the child in a sitting position; Which may actually slow down the child’s growth development path.
Forcing your child to sit early may cause a permanent curvature to the back, as the child’s back in his first months is in the shape of the letter C and begins to grow and form to becomes naturally straight.
Reasons for babies learning how to set delay
The reason for the delay of the child in sitting may be one of the following reasons:
Babies who are born early are usually late in their motor and sitting development stages.
Having ataxia or dyskinesia
It is the inability to coordinate bodily movements, and may also be accompanied by difficulty in speech, eye movement and swallowing.
Oxygen deficiency at birth
Studies have shown that 22.75% of children who develop delayed motor development or bone disease in general are due to lack of oxygen at birth.
The mother’s consumption of alcohol or drugs during pregnancy
The mother’s use of drugs or alcohol during pregnancy causes many dangers to the fetus, including delays in its motor development.
That vision problems lead to a delay in motor skills because there is no clear vision to create balance.
Your child will go through many stages during his growth, he will be able to acquire a new skill every day, but you should not rush it, let your child grow alone even if he is a little late, every child develops differently and at the speed that suits him.
It is preferable that you follow the movement of your little one well during this period, and if your child is not able to sit down by the age of 9 months, you should consult a doctor, as it may be a sign that the little one has a delay in his motor skills, or a certain disease, God forbid.